Blockchain Asia Sdn Bhd (“We” or “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting the personal data, provided by the Customer (“you” or “your”), in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act
2010 (“PDPA”). This policy (which may be amended or updated by us from time to time) seeks to outline how we intend to deliver all the rights and protections that you are entitled to under the PDPA.
We may store and process your personal data on our computers wherever located and in any other medium. We may retain your personal data up to the maximum period permitted for legitimate business purposes, legal, regulatory and internal requirements. We may, overtime, delete these records if they are no longer necessary or permissible by law. Some pages on our website may include links to third party websites. These sites are governed by their own privacy statements and we are not responsible for their privacy practices, operations and contents of the said links. You are advised to review the privacy statements of these sites before furnishing any information. Please remember that internet communications are not secure. We cannot accept any responsibility for unauthorised access by a third party and/ other corruption of information/data being sent by any individuals to us via internet communications or electronic mail. By accessing this website and/or our electronic services, you agree to be bound by this policy, and consent to the collection and processing of your personal data by us.
This policy is provided in English and Malay languages and should there be any conflict in meaning between the English and Malay language version, the English language version shall prevail.
1. DISCLOSURE OBLIGATION
- Unless otherwise stated, you must supply the personal data requested during the registration process or at such other intervals as determined or requested by us.
- You have the opportunity to make choices. If you do not supply this data, it will not be possible for you to register an account with us as we will not have sufficient information to open and administer the account.
2. USERS OF PERSONAL DATA
In compliance with sections 7 and 8 of the PDPA, take notice that all your personal data will be kept confidential but such personal data may be processed or used by the following persons:
- by us and/or any of our affiliates or associates;
- any of our director, officer or employee or agent;
- any nominee or custodian in whose name securities or other property may be registered;
- any contractor, agent or service provider which provides administrative, data processing, financial, computer, telecommunications, payment or securities clearing, lawyers, advisers, professional or other services authorized by us when carrying out your instructions and/or our business;
- any of our actual or proposed assignee, or participant or sub-participant of our rights in respect of a customer, to evaluate the transaction intended to be the subject of the assignment, participation or sub-participation;
- any governmental, regulatory or other bodies or institutions, whether as required by law or regulations applicable to us and/or any of our affiliates or associates;
- any third party designated or appointed by you with reasons that are accepted by us;
- a drawee bank providing a copy of a paid cheque (which may contain information about the payee) to the drawer; or
- to such parties as may be permitted under Malaysian laws.
3. PURPOSES OF COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
All your personal data may be processed or used for the following purposes:
- carrying out new or existing client verification;
- ongoing Account administration and services in connection with your account, including the collection of amounts due, enforcement of security, charge or other rights and interests;
- designing further products and services or marketing our existing or future products and services to you;
- forming part of our records in accordance with relevant laws;
- providing on the terms of any other agreements and services relating to you;
- any purpose relating to or in connection with compliance with any law, regulation, court order or order of any regulatory body;
- any other purpose relating to the execution of your instructions or in connection with our business or dealings;
- conducting market research including the number of users, profile of users and using such analysis for our business plans or the enhancement of our products and services;
- to respond to your inquiries; or
- for all other purposes incidental and associated with any of the above.
4. NATURE & SOURCE OF PERSONAL DATA
The nature of the personal data that we collect, and where it comes from may include:
- personal data as provided by you on registration applications or other forms, which may include but is not limited to your name, address, email address, telephone number, occupation, race, nationality, employment details or income;
- personal data about your transactions with us, our affiliates or third parties, such as payment and/or purchase history and account activity; or
- personal data about you as a result of referral programmes, contests or surveys.
5. USE OF DATA IN DIRECT MARKETING
- Your data may be used by us in direct marketing. In this connection, please note that:
- your name, age group, contact details (including phone number, residential/mailing address and email address), products and services portfolio information, transaction pattern and behaviour, financial background and demographic data held by us from time to time may be used by us in direct marketing;
- the following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed:
- financial, securities, investment related services and products as well as any associated promotional offers;
- reward, loyalty or privileges programmes and related services and products;
- services and products offered by our co-branding partners; and
- donations and contributions for charitable and/or non-profit making purposes;
- the above services, products and subjects may be provided or (in the case of donation and contributions) solicited by us and/or:
- any of our group member;
- third party financial institution, securities and investment services providers;
- third party reward, loyalty, co-branding or privileges programme providers;
- our co-branding partners; and
- charitable or non-profit making organizations.
- in addition to the marketing of the above services, products and subjects itself, we also intend to provide the data described in paragraph 5(a)(i) above to all or any of the persons described in paragraph 5(a)(iii) above for use by them in marketing those services, products and subjects.
- If you do not wish for your data to be used in direct marketing as described above, you may exercise your opt-out right by notifying us via the below contact details.
6. RIGHTS OF ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You have the right to access and correct your personal data in accordance with the PDPA. In general, and subject to certain exemptions, you are entitled to:
- enquire whether we hold your personal data;
- request access to your personal data within a reasonable time, at a prescribed fee, in a reasonable manner and in a form that is intelligible;
- request the correction of your personal data; and
- be given reasons if a request for access or correction is refused, and object to any such refusal.
7. ENQUIRIES & COMPLAINTS
Any queries, requests, concerns or complaints regarding the use of your personal data, removal from any of the mailing lists or request access to and/or correct your personal data, or to any matter herein please contact us by clicking into the “Contact Us” icon on our webpage.